The TBR Tag

Hi everyone! It’s been a while since I posted my last tag. I spotted this on Clare's A Book & Tea. I really liked that so why not post it on my blog too? I’ve found it hard to read/review as much with life going into my final exams this year, I figured this is a good way to fill some space! :D So instead of tagging anyone, I’m going to say snag this if you would like to try it out :)

How do you keep track of your TBR pile?


Depends how you define TBR, to be honest. I keep my unread books separate from my to read books, and my ARCs as well. Goodreads is a fantastic help for me to keep track of my TBR pile. I don’t know how I would even begin to manage my TBR list without it! Every time I buy a new book, won are been accepted for a review copy, I add it to my several list on Goodreads. For example I name my shelves for example “bought but not read paperback”, “bought but not read ebooks”, “to review” or “NetGalley”, “Wishlist” and so on. Nevertheless, every time I look at my TBR shelf on Goodreads I panic a little bit inside! It’s a never ending story.

Is your TBR pile mostly print books or ebooks?

I own the same amount of ebooks as I own print books. I try to do a healthy mixture of them but in the last few months I read more and more ebooks. I feel much more comfortable with them. It’s so easy to read them and I read them a lot quicker as print books.

How do you determine which books from your TBR to read next?

It definitely depends on my mood! Sometimes I plan ahead what I’d like to read but most of the time I change my mind and I pick up other books. I don’t set myself a goal anymore. Reading is supposed to be fun and I want to enjoy it.

A book that’s been on your TBR list the longest?

Mhm, that’s a tough one. It’s probably Eat, Pray Love. I bought this book when I was living in Dublin in 2010/2011. I heard a lot of good things about the movie. I prefer reading a book before I see the movie adaption. Sadly I still have not read the book yet.

A book you recently added to your TBR


I recently added Diamonds from Tiffany’s by Melissa Hill to my TBR pile. It’s a follow up to her novel Something from Tiffany’s which I completely adored. I’m so excited to read this book and find out what happens to the characters in this new story! 



A book on your TBR strictly because of it’s beautiful cover.

I never put a book on my TBR only because it looks pretty. The synopsis definitely has to catch my attention too. It’s Jessica Thompson’s Paper Swans. Just look at that beautiful cover! I love how much detailed work the designer put into this cover.





A book on your TBR you never plan on reading

I’d actually like to read all books on my TBR, (not sure if that will ever happen) otherwise I wouldn’t have added it to my TBR list. Although there might be a few books on my TBR I own for a long time and I might have lost a bit the interest to read them.

An unpublished book in your TBR that your excited to read

That’s an easy one! I’ve been accepted on NetGalley to read C.L. Taylor’s new novel The Lie which will be published in April 2015. I was blown away by The Accident, which was the first book I’ve read of her. I was squealing with excitement when I received the approval by Avon. They couldn’t have made me any happier. The Lie is my anticipated book of 2015. I started reading it last night and I really hope it will lift up my expectations.

A book in your TBR that everybody recommends to you

There are actually a lot. Just to name a few: Hannah Beckermans The Dead Wife’s Handbook, Lucy Robinson and Holly Martins books. I heard so many wonderful things about their books but I unfortunately had not the chance to read them yet.
A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read but you

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.

Number of books in your TBR

Oh god, don’t make me tell that :D . Honestly, I am actually not quite sure how to distinguish my TBR. I have a TBR pile of books I own and a TBR pile of books I want to read but not own yet. If I count all books I bought myself or won in a giveaway and the review copies (print and digital) I own about 150 unread books and there are about 300 more on my to be read shelf. Compared to many other book bloggers, this is a small list actually, although huge for me to read. And the list is not getting any smaller …

What does your TBR shelf look like these days?

1 Kommentare

  1. Hello! I nominated you for a blog award! Find the details here: http://ashjellison.blogspot.com/2015/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete