Friends Friday: Jenny of Small Girl Big Dreams


I’m very happy to welcome you on my blog! You can please introduce yourself to my readers.

Thank you very much for having me! Hey everyone, I’m Jenny and I am twenty years old. I live in South Wales and have spent the last three years studying a Media degree which I have loved doing! I am due to graduate this summer, so am currently in the scary process of trying to find a job!

Where do we find your blog and how long have you been blogging?

You can find my blog here - Small Girl Big Dreams 1993

I have been blogging since March 2014 – so just over two months! I started my blog because I absolutely love writing. Therefore, I decided that blogging would be a perfect opportunity for me to gain more experience and confidence in my writing, and hopefully give me opportunities to develop my writing career. 


What kind of content can we expect to see on your blog and what is your favourite thing to blog about?

A little bit of everything! My blog isn’t about one thing in particular, it is about anything and everything. I have done many book reviews, opinionated & relatable pieces, lifestyle, hauls, contemporary issues and much more.

I love writing about everything, but I think my favourite thing to write about is lifestyle posts and posts that people are able to relate to regarding everyday life. I find it really interesting to hear other people’s opinions on things!


Book reviews are a little part of your blog. What genre do you enjoy reading the most?

They are – I love writing reviews! My favourite genre to read is definitely chick-lit. However, I am beginning to broaden my horizons a bit more and try out different genres too!

Is there any book you'd love to live in?

Ooh, that’s actually a tough one. There are several, but I will just give you one, which would be ‘A Jersey Affair by Georgina Troy’. I loved everything about that book, and the setting in Jersey sounded just beautiful!

You recently finished university. Can you tell us more about it? What have you been studying. What is your next step?

I have spent the last three years studying Media Communications. I have really enjoyed this course and I have met some of the most amazing friends there too. It is mainly theory based with very little practical work (which was perfect for me because I love writing) and covered a huge range of different aspects of the media industry, including journalism, TV, film and radio.

I am now in the process of trying to find a full time job, or at least some work experience within the media industry – although it is proving difficult so far.


Apart from reading, what do you enjoy to do in your freetime?

I like to watch films and television programmes depending on my mood. I am currently going through Smallville which I am really enjoying at the moment. I like browsing around the shops now and again but that is usually disastrous for my bank account! My favourite thing to do at the moment though is definitely blogging and reading other blogs! It has become part of my daily routine, which I love!

What was the highlight of your week?

Hmm, good question! Probably heading home from uni for the weekend. I love going back home to spend time with my family and our gorgeous little cat, Benji.

Are you single or taken?

Single. I came out of a long term relationship not too long ago, so I’m enjoying having the freedom and time to myself at the moment!

Do you have any hidden talents?

I’m not sure if it’s hidden as such, but I used to play the flute and piano which I loved. I do still try and play the piano every now and then but I’m a bit out of practice!

Oh, and I love drawing too.. I don’t think I’m too bad at it so I suppose that’s a talent, right?


What is your favourite childhood memory?

I actually don’t think I can answer this question. I have so many amazing childhood memories, that I don’t think I would be able to narrow it down to ten, let alone one!

What if you were stranded on an island with nothing but the ability to make one phone call?

I would be petrified if that happened to me! Hmm, I would call my parents straight away. Even if they couldn’t help me themselves, they would definitely find help right away and make sure I was found as soon and as safely as possible.

Lastely, what would be your prefect holiday?

Probably one I have already been on before – Florida! That is my absolute favourite holiday I have ever been on and if I had the money I would constantly be going back there whenever I had the chance. I loved everything about the place and have had such magical memories there too.

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions Jenny. It was great to have you on my blog! Who will be next? Come and see next friday.


0 Kommentare