Friends Friday: Jo of Cometbabes

 
I’m very happy to welcome you on my blog! You can please introduce yourself to my readers.

Hi Isabell. Thanks for having me on your blog. I’m Jo. I have always had a love of books, from being a small child I remember reading, think my love of books comes from my mum. I am also known as @cometbabe on Twitter and from my blog cometbabesbooks. I also have a Facebook page. I started my blog as a way of keeping track of books I have read and also somewhere I could point friends as I was always being asked to recommend books to them.

Where do we find your blog and how long have you been blogging / reviewing?

You can find my blog at http://cometbabesbooks.blogspot.co.uk I started my blog in September 2013 but only really got fully into blogging/reviewing in October 2013. It has been one of the best decisions I have made, I’m slowly building up my following.

What’s the best and worst thing about being a book reviewer?

The best thing is meeting loads of lovely bloggers and authors, everyone has been really lovely and helpful.

The worst thing is so many gorgeous books with not enough time to read them all, it would be lovely to be able to sit all day and read, but alas the day job gets in the way.



Do you judge a book by it’s cover?


I must admit I do judge a book by its cover, if the cover doesn’t grab me then I wouldn’t tend to pick the book up, sometimes I would read the blurb and think I may have misjudged but then I also have a bad habit once I’ve picked it up of reading the last few pages, if that still doesn’t stir my interest I would put the book back down,

Which book character would you switch places with?


There are 2 characters I would switch places with, Rowena in The Golden Key Chornicles by AJ Nuest because she is so strong and kickass, plus she has the lovely Prince Caedmon. I would also love to switch places with Lil from the Gingerbread Café books because the Café she has sounds amazing.

Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?

I can’t say that I have sorry, I loved Gone With the Wind just as much as I love the book, so possibly that.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

I honestly don’t mind, they each have their advantages, I like ebooks as you can take them anywhere on your phone or e-reader. I love the smell of paperback books and again you can take these into a pool on your holidays, would hate to drop it in but it is less of an issue than dropping in your kindle. I’m not really fond of hardcover as I find these heavy and hurt my wrists but that is the only reason.


Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

I would love to be able to meet Margaret Mitchell and ask her what inspired her to write Gone With the Wind, I would love to know what she thinks of its huge success and if she had plans to ever write a follow up to it.

Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

No, I’m quite funny with my books and I want to keep them all but sometimes you just can’t. 

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions Jo. It was great to have you on my blog! Who will be next? Come and see next friday. 



0 Kommentare