Friends Friday - Agi of On my Bookshelf


I’m very happy to welcome you on my blog! You can please introduce yourself to my readers. 

First of all, thanks for having me! I am Agi, teacher, wife and mum, living in Germany - here I found my love and my place. I have started reading by myself already as a 5 - years - old girl and since then the books are my world. So, I have a great husband, healthy and funny daughter, I read as many books as I can... I think you can call me a lucky one:)


Where do we find your blog and how long have you been blogging / reviewing? 

You can find me here: www.onmybookshelf.blog.pl One day I am going to finally learn how to create my own website and will surprise you with something brilliant:) I am reviewing since 2011, have started to review on Goodreads, and decided to try with my own blog in 2012.

What’s the best and worst thing about being a book reviewer? 

The best thing is that there are so many good books that you get the chance to read. The worst thing is, that... there are so many good books that you want to read but just don't have enough time. Last page: read it first or wait till the end? Depends. Sometimes yes, sometimes not. There is no rule.

Do you judge a book by it’s cover? 


I think that we all do it, consciously or unconsciously. I personally am a total sucker for a funny, light, colourful cover with beautiful font and if I must choose between two books, I take this one with the cover that I like more as first. Shame, I know.


Which book character would you switch places with?

I guess I wouldn't like to switch places as much as have some of the characters as my friends, and here comes the list: Bridget Jones, the heroines of Lucy Robinson, Jane Costello, the Walsh family, Ruth Saberton and oh my, many, many more, you have the picture :)

Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book? 

Yes, PS I Love You. What is your current read, your last read and the book you'll read next? Am currently reading Take Mum Out by Fiona Gibson. I always read a paperback and a book on kindle, and as I've just finished Thrown for a Curve by sugar Jamison, my next kindle read is going to be Katie Fforde's The Perfect Matc. The last book that I reviewed is Boss Girl by Nic Tatano.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

Paperback. Absolutely. I love my books. I treat my books like my babies. I don't like when somebody else keep them in hands. I love to open the book, smell the book and stroke the book. And all book that I bought/received are just... MY books.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

I really respect authors that take their time and respond to their readers. I'd love to meet Lucy Robinson and Talli Roland, Marian Keyes and Aven Ellis. And many, many more... 

Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person? 

For me every book is special so when I give them to my family/friends it is like giving them for a special reason. I haven't given away any of my books for ever, I sometimes lent them, although very, very reluctantly and after long hours of persuasion.

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions Agi. It was great to have you on my blog! Who will be next? Come and see next friday.


0 Kommentare