Friends Friday: Rebecca of Beccas Books


I’m very happy to welcome you on my blog! You can please introduce yourself to my readers.

Thank you so much for having me and I’m delighted to be taking part in Friends Friday! To Isabell’s readers, if you don’t already know me, I’m Rebecca, I’m 21 and I am OBSESSED with reading. Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve had my head in a book and it’s still that way to this very day. I get birthday money? BOOKS. Someone wants to know what I want for Christmas? BOOKS. Something to make me smile? BOOKS. I think you get what I’m trying to say. I’ve recently started up my very own blog Becca’s Books, where my book reviews are posted, and only a few days ago, I created a Facebook page for Becca’s Books too! It’s all very exciting and I’m very new to it all, but with a love for books like mine, I had to do something about it. So, there you have it. I’m Rebecca, and I’m addicted to books.

Where do we find your blog and how long have you been blogging / reviewing?


You can find my blog at http://beccasbooooks.blogspot.co.uk. It’s still very, very new! Practically a baby, but it’s slowly beginning to fill up with my reviews and I love it. I haven’t been book blogging for very long at all, I think I first started back in November, or it might have been October. Either way, it’s only been a few months, but I’m really enjoying having it, and having somewhere to post my thoughts and feelings when I finish a book.

Why did you start blogging?


The main reason I started blogging was because when I was finishing a book, I was finding I had millions of thoughts and feelings mashing around in my mind and I didn’t really have any way to set them free. My other half isn’t a reader so he doesn’t really understand what it’s like to finish an epic story. Your mind stays frazzled for a little while before you begin to function correctly again. So, I guess I had a little peek about, checking out other people’s blogs and how they worked, and I realized that it was perfect. Somewhere for me to release these thoughts and opinions and somewhere for other readers to have a look too. So far, it’s working out brilliantly, and it is SUCH a release when I tap out a review and share it with other potential readers.



What’s the best and worst thing about being a book reviewer?

To tell you the truth, I don’t think I’ve been blogging long enough to experience any of the negatives yet… So far, it’s been full of positives! People commenting, finding other readers who felt the exact same way as me after finishing a certain book, meeting new friends, it’s all be absolutely lovely. The blogging community is just alive with book lovers all over the world, and it’s a joy to get to know them all, share recommendations and just chat about anything and everything. One negative, not to do with blogging, but to do with myself personally is not being organized. I think it helps quite a lot, and being organized is not my forte. I actually brought a diary for 2014, planning to write down every little thing I needed to remember, but I’m still not organized so I’m still forgetting certain things that are supposed to be happening on certain days. I get so angry with myself about it, but luckily, my blogger friends are all fine with it. Once I’m used to having a schedule, I’m sure I’ll be fine! ;)

Last page: read it first or wait till the end?


Oooo, this is a toughie! I really don’t know. I don’t have any self-restraint, so if I’m finding a book incredibly good, sometimes I will just flick to the last page and have a sneaky peek. That’s not to say I’m disappointed with myself when I do it, because more than half of the time I could slap myself, but I guess sometimes the need to know is that insane it has to be done.


Do you judge a book by it’s cover?

Unfortunately yes, I do. I know! It’s so, so bad, and I hate to admit that I do it, but I LOVE pretty covers and if I’m walking through Asda or WHSmiths, if a cover is looking good, I’ll stop and read the back. Argh, I don’t know what it is about a beautiful book cover, but I’m a sucker for pretty things, and this includes books. Naughty, naughty me ;)

Which book character would you switch places with?


OH-MY-GOD. Anastasia Steele of course. I do believe she is one of the luckiest ladies alive, even if she is fictional. If she doesn’t want Mr Grey, I’d be very happy and more than willing to take him off her hands.

Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?

Nope. Never. I’m going to stick by my guns and say that the book is always better than the film. If you were to ask my partner, he’d say the complete opposite. He loves films. I guess it’s all a matter of opinion, but I do think that when they make a film of a book, they tend to miss a lot of the good stuff out. I’ll always be a book lover. What is your current read, your last read and the book you'll read next?

My current read at this moment is The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez, my last read was Wake Up Call by Victoria Ashley (you should read this by the way, it’s freaking awesome), and I’m not sure about my next read. I don’t really have a list; I just go with the flow ;)


Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

I LOVE paperbacks for the simple fact that you can’t beat the feel of having an actual book in your hands, but then I also love reading eBooks on my Kindle because of the built-in light, which means I can read through the night too, which I’ve always loved doing. I do have a book light which I use when reading paperbacks, but it’s not very bright so I end up giving up halfway through and going to sleep. Hardbacks? I believe those are for the very special books. I don’t buy them often, but when I do, you know the book was amazing.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

Hell yes! I would love to meet Jill Mansell and Sophie Kinsella. Both are legendary in my eyes. I LOVE their books; I’m currently dead excited for both of their newest titles to hit the shelves, one at the end of January and the other at the beginning of February. My ideal meeting would be me, Jill and Sophie having tea in a cute little café. A girl can dream I guess ;)

Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

Unfortunately, not a lot of my friends/family is as avid a reader as me. I’m also a little bit selfish with my books. I don’t like to give them to people. It sounds so, so silly but they’re kinda like my babies. How do I know if they’re going to be well looked after? Or even if I’m going to see them again for that matter?!

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions Becca. It was great to have you on my blog! Who will be next? Come and see next friday.

1 Kommentare

  1. I loved reading this! The blogging and organisation thing can be frustrating but the community, like Becca said, is FAB.

    thegirlinthemoonlight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete