Friends Friday: Erin of Erin's Choice


I’m very happy to welcome you on my blog! You can please introduce yourself to my readers.

Hello! My name is Erin I'm 23 and I'm a book blogger from near Glasgow in Scotland.

Where do we find your blog and how long have you been blogging / reviewing?

I started reviewing in June 2013 on my blog Erin's Choice which you can find at http://erins-choice.blogspot.co.uk

Why did you start blogging?

I read so many books, and I love recommending what I've liked to my friends so we. An discuss them, so it sort of made sense to just go for it and start. When you have friends that believe in you too it helps.

What’s the best and worst thing about being a book reviewer?

Ooh, the best thing is probably chatting with authors. When I started blogging I had no idea that authors would be so happy to tweet with you about their books or to have a Q&A session for a blog post. I guess it's all part of the promotion for their books, but still, they are all so friendly.

The worst thing is probably the feeling of being nasty that you get when you just cannot carry on reading a book to the very end. But with so many books to read you have to try and get past that.


Last page: read it first or wait till the end?

Definitely wait until the end.

Do you judge a book by it’s cover?

Don't we all? Even subconsciously? I think it's part of what helps you make a connection with the books. The cover gives your a hint of what the story could be like, it can help you to imagine the characters as well, so you know, if it's a hot guy then it will be a hot book boyfriend, y'know?

Which book character would you switch places with?


I would probably switch with any of the female characters in Samantha Young's On Dublin Street series. All of them are so strong and independent but they all have a soft spot for their men, so do I!

Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?

Umm, I don't think so. I really like to read the book first before seeing the movie, in reverse, one film I thought was way worst than the book was The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick.

What is your current read, your last read and the book you'll read next?


My last read was Slammed by Colleen Hoover, I am currently in between books, but I think my next read will be... The Sweetest Seduction by Crista McHugh.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

Ebooks are definitely cheaper so are my preferred choice, but sometimes you can't beat a real book. Although hardbacks are no good for reading in bed because the hurt more if you fall asleep and drop them on your face!

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

Oh loads! Last year I had the pleasure of meeting the lovely Samantha Young, her hometown had a book festival running and I live about an hour away from it so I went to a reading she was hosting. I would love to meet Paige Toon, she is my favourite chick-lit author and I would also like to meet my lovely twitter friend and author of The Sentinel series Holly Martin.

Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

I don't think I've given any away for a particularly special reason, but I like giving books to friends because I know that they will like them. The last book I gave to my best friend was I Heart New York because everyone needs that series and Lindsey Kelk in their life!

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions Erin. It was great to have you on my blog! Who will be next? Come and see next friday.
  


0 Kommentare