Friends Friday: Ana of This Chick Reads


I’m very happy to welcome you on my blog! You can please introduce yourself to my readers.

Hi Isabell, thank you for featuring me on your lovely blog. I'm Ananda and I'm from Macedonia, small country in South East Europe. I teach at the Uni here and am a mother of two handsome boys :) Hubby and I have our 10th anniversary in July...so yes, I'm a happy woman :)

Where do we find your blog and how long have you been blogging / reviewing?

This Chick Reads is a fairly new blog and I run it together with my friend from home, Marina. But we're not new to blogging. I used to have my own book blog in 2011 but decided to shut it down after I got pregnant. It was too much for me to handle back then. Marina still blogs on her own book blog and reviews for This Chick Reads too. You can find me on http://thischickreads.wordpress.com

Why did you start blogging?

I started This Chick Reads because I realized I love sharing my thoughts with people who love chick lit..and spread the word about so many fantastic chick lit books.


What’s the best and worst thing about being a book reviewer?

The best thing is connecting to so many great people, bloggers, authors, people who visit your blog looking for recommendations. The bad thing is sometimes it's time consuming and one must organize them selves better to manage all.

Last page: read it first or wait till the end?

I always wait till the end. Don't see a point of reading the last page first.

Do you judge a book by it’s cover?

It might sound shallow, but yes. I do value book covers and a good cover does make me want to pick the book up. Covers are important, they make the book stand out and get noticed around so many other books in a bookshop.

Which book character would you switch places with?

There's no such book character really...I love my life just the way it is.

Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?

Sex and the City

What is your current read, your last read and the book you'll read next?

Last book I read and reviewed was 'The Parisian Christmas Bake Off' by Jenny Oliver. Currently I'm reading and loving Fast Forward by Juliet Madison...and I really have no idea now what I'll read next.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

I prefer physical books, paperbacks are my favourite.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

I'd like to meet Jenny Hale, Aven Ellis and Erin Emerson. These ladies are brilliant authors and have great personalities too. They are noble enough to reply to each tweet from a fan, say thank you to every review they receive and I love chatting to them. In my book, it's authors like these that are BIG names. I'd love to hug them and thank them both for their awesome books and for being so gracious to us bloggers.

Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

I love buying books with a reason or not. I like sharing my favorite reads with my dear friends.

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions Ana. It was great to have you on my blog! Who will be next? Come and see next friday.






0 Kommentare