Friends Friday: Simona of Sky's Book Corner



I’m very happy to welcome you on my blog! You can please introduce yourself to my readers.

Hi, my name is Simona Elena, but you can also call me Sky J I’m 24 years old and I’m half Swiss and half Italian. I’m studying to be a primary school teacher; in June I will finally graduate and start teaching my own class. I’m an avid reader and music lover. I especially love to read Chick-Lit, romance and contemporary books. Music is a huge part of my life, I sing, dance, play the piano and write my own songs.


Where do we find your blog and how long have you been blogging / reviewing?

You can find my blog here: skysbookscorner.blogspot.ch

I started my blog at the end of August in 2013, almost five months now and I still can’t believe how much support I get from other bloggers, friends and authors.



Why did you start blogging?

In my summer break I finally read One Perfect Summer by Paige Toon and I absolutely loved it. Then I started reading The Wish List by Jane Costello and that was so much fun as well. I enjoyed Paige’s books so much, that I bought all her other books and read one after another. I wrote her on Twitter and kind of got introduced to this whole book blogging world; by reading reviews fort he books I bought. I started writing my own reviews and after two or three I decided to post them online on a blog. And here I am now. I love reading so much; books mean so much to me and blogging is a great way to share it with others.

What’s the best and worst thing about being a book reviewer?

Oh, that’s a hard question; there are so many great things about it. Well, the best thing for me about being a book reviewer is that I can share my passion for reading with others and the contact with other bloggers and authors is great.

The worst thing... I guess for me it’s authors who just send spam emails and try to put you under pressure for reviewing their book, I don’t like that at all. I’m still a human being with a live and can’t just put the book I’m reading down, just to read their book.


Last page: read it first or wait till the end?

Oh no, I never do that. I always wait till the end, I don’t want to spoil the story. It happened to me once that I read the blurb of a sequel of a book and then new how the first book would end. That’s not funny, I want to be surprised when I’m reading and don’t want to know how it ends from the start. Where is the fun in that?

Do you judge a book by it’s cover?

I must confess I always do look at the cover first, but also the title is very important to me. When I’m really attracted to a cover I even buy the book without reading the blurb. The cover isn’t the most important thing though; I always read the blurb as well, also when I don’t really like the cover. It’s not about what’s on the top; it’s about the story in the book.

Which book character would you switch places with?

Actually, that changes all the time. When I was younger I always wanted to be a character in Harry Potter, just to experience this magical world, preferably in the Marauders time, love them. At the moment it’s Mary-Kate in Aven Elli’s Connectivity, because I have a huge crush on William Cumberland ;). I’d also like to switch with Daisy from Chasing Daisy by Paige Toon

Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?

I saw The Lord of the Rings movie before I actually read the books and I liked the movies so much, when I was reading the books afterwards I didn’t enjoy them is much as I did the movies. That’s the only movies I liked better than the books, I like to imagine the characters for myself and “see my own movie” in my head.

The other movie I like more then the book is Les Miserables. I absolutely adore this movie, it’s fabulous. I saw the musical as well and we looked at the lyrics of the songs at school. In high school we read the book in French, but it was really complicated, I honestly never read the whole thing. One of my reading resolution is to read the whole book in English, but I’ll always prefer the movie, I’m sure.


What is your current read, your last read and the book you'll read next?

I’m reading April Showers by Karli Perrin at the moment and I’m really enjoying it. The last book I read was just brilliant: Connectivity by Aven Ellis, I’m still in love with the story and the characters. The next book I’m going to read is I love the 80s by Megan Crane. I friend recommended it to me and I recommended one to her, we’re posing the review at the same day on our blogs.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?


Definitely paperbacks, hard covers are also okay, but they’re bigger and I just prefer paperbacks. The feeling of holding a book is great and they look so pretty in the shelves as well. I have nothing against ebooks, I read more ebooks in the last few months, but having real pages is just so great and makes reading so real and genuine.


Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

I’d really like to meet Paige Toon, her books are my favourites and it would be great to meet her and actually talk to her. She is such a sweetheart online and she is a real inspiration. The other author I’d really like to meet is Aven Ellis, she is a brilliant writer and it would be amazing talking to her and getting to know her.

Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

I never did that actually, but I think it is a lovely idea and I think I’ll do that in the future. Reading more and being a blogger changed my appreciation for books and it’s great when you can share it with someone.

Thank you so much Simona for answering my questions. It was a pleasure to have you on my blog.


2 Kommentare

  1. I loved reading this about the awesome Simona!

    thegirlinthemoonlight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isabell, fantastic feature! I LOVE Simona and already know quite a bit about her, but it was fun reading her As. I didn't know she started blogging end of August, almost same time I started our blog (beginning of August). She's a wonderful, kind, generous lady and excellent blogger! I'm indeed blessed to have her as a friend and love chatting to both you and Simona on twitter.
    Oh & Isabell, your blog looks amazing! So girly and pretty! Keep up the great work. Hugs
    Ananda@ThisChickReads

    ReplyDelete