Friends Friday: Jenny of Jennyinneverland


I'm very happy to welcome you on my blog! Can you please introduce yourself to my reader?

Thanks for interviewing me for you “Friends Friday” feature - it’s a lovely idea! My name’s Jenny, I’m 21 and live in the land of fake tan and hair extensions - Essex of course! I love reading, animals, yoga, dominos pizza and James Franco.

Where do we find your blog and how long have you been blogging / reviewing?

I’ve been blogging since around April/May 2013 (can’t remember exactly when) You can find my blog on the following link: www.jennyinneverland.wordpress.com. I also review for Loveahappyending magazine and you can find them here: www.loveahappyending.com 

Why did you start blogging?

I found a book blog online one day (Lindsay @ www.bookboodle.com - check it out!) and I thought it was a great idea because I literally didn’t know book blogging existed! I’ve always loved reading but it had never occurred to me to do anything about it but after emailing Lindsay, she helped me set up my blog so here I am!


What’s the best and worst thing about being a book reviewer?

All of the lovely book bloggers I’ve met along the way is definitely the best thing - I truly have made some great friends! Also, having the privilege to speak to some wonderful authors and receiving review copies. The worst thing is, although I haven’t really experienced this myself (yet) is probably unappreciative or rude authors. Also no having enough time to read all the books in the world… That sucks!

Last page: read it first or wait till the end?

Wait till the end. I always skim through but stop myself before I see anything that gives the ending away! Will-power!

Do you judge a book by it’s cover?

Who doesn’t? Yes, unfortunately I do which is a shame because lots of ebooks I’ve read I’ve not even seen the covers and they’ve turned out to be really good so I don’t know why I can’t do the same with paperbacks.

Which book character would you switch places with? 

I can tell you who I wouldn’t switch places with and that’s Katniss from the Hunger Games… Haha. Ooh I don’t know, there’s so many! Probably Richard from The Beach - I like what he stands for and The Beach is one of my favourite books.

Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?

Yes, I prefer the film Coraline to the book - but that might be because the book was designed for children whereas the film is adapted for adults as well. The Perks of Being a Wallflower film was amazing too. Don’t know if I would say it’s better but it definitely does the film justice!

What is your current read, your last read and the book you'll read next?

My current read is Reaching for the Stars by the lovely Janice Horton, which I’m reviewing for Loveahappyending. My last read was One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern and it was amazing! Next, I’m hoping to read The Great Gatsby - providing no other review copies come up. I’m aiming to read one classic book a month and that’s mine for January.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

Probably paperbacks above everything else. I love hardback books because they’re so shiny and new but they’re really heavy and awkward to carry around! Ebooks are fine, but if I read them for too long it strains my eyes and gives me a headache.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

Yeah loads! I’d love to meet John Green and praise him for The Fault in Our Stars, he also seems like a really lovely bloke. Cecelia Ahern because she’s one of my favourite authors and James Patterson because I’ve loved his books for years and I’d probably faint if I met him.

Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

Erm, I didn't give it away but I bought my mum a Carole Matthews books for her birthday and asked Carole to sign it for her and leave a birthday message - which she did and it was very nice of her to do so! My mum loved the book and couldn’t believe I’d had it signed.

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my question Jenny. It was great to have you on my blog! Who will be next? Come and see next friday.


0 Kommentare